DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 HDR Active Adapter
- SAME DAY SHIPPING order by 2PM (EST).
Connect to an HDMI Ultra HD display from a DisplayPort-supported computer using the DisplayPort Active Adapter!
Designed specifically for those who enjoy high-level computing, graphics, and gaming, this adapter provides the highest performance at an affordable price. HDMI 2.0 up to 18Gbps allows even smooth 4K video playback, especially when combined with a 60Hz frame rate. Best of all, the DisplayPort Active Adapter is extremely easy to use and travel with, thanks to its portable size. To use it, simply connect one end to your computer and plug your existing HDMI cable into the other end. This will convert your computer screen video signal into an HDMI signal up to UHD 4K. Last but not least, the DisplayPort Active Adapter supports a 4:4:4 color format, ensuring true RGB vibrant colors, without typical visual color degradation. Audio isn't a concern either with a transmission of up to 8 channel audio for immersive sound.
- Ideal for gamers and other high-level computing requirements
- Supports 4:4:4 color format with clear RGB colors
- Audio up to 8 channel audio
- HDMI 2.0 throughout up to 18Gbps
- Small, portable design
- Multi-shielded cable with aluminum body
- Self-powered design with no external power required
- Converts DisplayPort video signal at up to UHD 4K 4096x2160@60Hz including 1440p at 120H
- Input: DisplayPort™ Male
- Output: HDMI™ Female; An High Speed HDMI™ 2.0 cable (sold separately) is required
- HDMI 2.0 data rates to 18Gbps, DisplayPort 1.2 up to 5.4Gbps per lane
- Supports display resolution up to 4096 x 2160 at 60Hz frame rate including 1920 x 1440 at 120Hz
- Supports CEC-Tunneling-over-AUX as per DP 1.4 Standard
- Jitter cleaning PLL provides stable HDMI output signal
- Includes on-chip microprocessor with internal SPI ROM
- Supports RGB/YCbCr video color formats with a color depth of 16 bpc (or 48 bits per pixel)
- Supports pixel encoding conversion from RGB or YCbCr 4:4:4 to YCbCr 4:2:0 and YCbCr 4:2:0 pass-trough function
- Supports RGB up to 12 bpc, YCbCr 4:4:4, 4:2:2 and 4:2:0
- Supports content protection formats HDCP 1.4 and HDCP 2.2
- HDCP 1.4 and HDCP 2.2 repeater function with on-chip keys
- Supports TMDS scrambling for EMI/RFI reduction
- Supports SCDC (Status and Control Data Channel)
- Audio support up to 8 channels LPCM
- Can only convert signal from DisplayPort™ to HDMI™. This is not a bi-directional adapter
- Connect multiple monitors using NVIDIA™ Surround technology (one adapter per monitor)
- Depress the button on the DisplayPort connector to release the latches and avoid damage when unplugging
- For HDR function, the source system needs to support DisplayPort™ 1.4 and the screen needs to have support for HDR and / or HDMI™ 2.0 a or b
Download PDF Installation Tips: Here
Q: I am only getting 4K@30Hz when using the UPTab Active adapter. How can I get 4K @ 60Hz?
There are several different reasons why a 4K display would be limited to 4K@30Hz using our adapter. We would recommend first checking:
- The DisplayPort output port must be DP 1.2 compliant to get 4K@60Hz.
- System specifications to ensure that the internal graphics processor can support 4K @ 60Hz and that the output port on the system/GPU can support 4K @ 60Hz.
- Monitor specifications to ensure that it can support 4K@60Hz from the desired input port. HDMI input ports must be HDMI 2.0b specifications.
- Ensure that the HDMI cable is HDMI 2.0 compliant.
If both the system’s GPU, DisplayPort output port, and the monitor claim support for 4K @ 60Hz, please check the Windows Advanced Display Adapter settings to ensure that 60Hz is available and selected from the drop-down list.
If 30Hz is not listed and you are connected to our adapter with an HDMI cable, please double-check that the monitor has HDMI 2.0b ports. Additionally, some 4K TVs and monitors must enable an “HDMI 2.0,” an “HDMI UHD Color” or “Ultra HD/UHD Deep Color” (or similar) setting for 4K@60Hz to work via HDMI. Please consult the monitor’s manual and check the monitor’s menu settings to see if there is an applicable setting.
UPTab adapter is truly active. Rather than relying upon passing a TMDS signal via DisplayPort’s Dual-Mode, the adapters actively convert the outgoing DisplayPort LVDS packets into the necessary TMDS signaling. With an internal clock rate of up to 594MHz, our adapters support all the “must-have” features of HDMI 2.0, with resolutions up to 4K@60Hz with HDR, stereoscopic 3D support, and higher color depths.
Q: Does the UPTab (B014E8ZC7E-B) adapter support AMD Eyefinity setups beyond two monitors?
Yes! AMD Eyefinity will allow up to two “legacy” display connections (HDMI, DVI, or VGA). The third connection must be native DisplayPort, i.e.; not Dual-Mode/DP++ carrying an HDMI signal (since that would count as one of the two “legacy” displays). When using our active adapter, the video card will not need to utilize one of the legacy connections but instead will address it as a native DisplayPort display. (Please note: per AMD, their graphics cards support a maximum of two active adapters.)
Q: Does the UPTab (B014E8ZC7E-B) adapter support 4:4:4 color/chroma sampling?
Yes! Our adapter supports 4:4:4 chroma sampling at 4K @ 60Hz resolutions at 8bit color depth (8bpc). Please be aware that the display that is being connected must also support 4:4:4 color depth and the HDMI cable must be HDMI 2.0 capable while connected to an HDMI 2.0 input port on the display.
You may return items within 30 days of delivery for a refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item. If a customer returns merchandise that does not have RMA number clearly indicated outside the packaging it will be refused. Items that do not have a RMA number may be denied a refund or exchange.
UPTab is proud to offer "SAME DAY SHIPPING" as a standard for our customers who place orders before 2PM (EST).
Additionally, if an item(s) in an order is not in stock, the entire or part of the order may be held until the item returns back in stock, then the order will be processed immediately. Please keep in mind that orders placed during the weekend or on a holiday will be shipped the following business day.
Free Ground Shipping on orders over £21.95 to contiguous United States.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world (Free Shipping apply only to orders which total amount is over £21.95 and ship to contiguous United State). Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are dimensional and weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
- International VAT - Customers from Canada and Mexico and EU are liable for their respective country's import duties, taxes, and fees (final VAT is not included in order).
- Shipping Delivery Time - Shipping methods denote the delivery time once your order is shipped from our warehouse in Fort Mill, South Carolina.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY ("Limited Warranty")
Limited Warranty. UPTab warrants the Product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with the official documentation for the applicable Warranty Period of 12 months from the date of retail purchase.
This Replacement policy does not cover products damaged as a result of an accident, abuse, misuse, natural or personal disaster, or any unauthorized disassembly, repair or modification.
IF YOU PURCHASED THE PRODUCT FROM A UPTAB RESELLER, PLEASE CONTACT THE UPTAB RESELLER IN REGARDS TO YOUR LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIM.
For any Limited Warranty claim, a valid Proof of Purchase is required. A valid Proof of Purchase is defined as one of the following:
• A dated sales receipt from an authorized UPTab Dealer or Reseller. The receipt must show the Product description and price.
Some examples of a non-valid Proof of Purchase are:
• The UPC /EAN bar code from the box.
• A picture of the actual Product.
• A Certificate of Authenticity.
• Receipts from any online auction sites, liquidators or clearance houses.
• Credit card statements.
If you are unable to return the Product to the UPTab reseller for whatever reason, then please follow the steps below:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization Number ("RMA Number") and UPTab support address.
Note the RMA Number in a visible place on the outside of the package.
Enclose a Valid Proof of Purchase and the reason for the return inside the package.
Send the Product with an RMA Number and Valid Proof of Purchase to the UPTab support address provided by UPTab customer support.
DO NOT SEND UPTAB ANY PRODUCT WITHOUT A VALID RMA NUMBER.
We advise that you select a method of shipping that is traceable (eg. USPS, UPS, FedEx). Any expense of claiming under this Limited Warranty will be borne by the person making the claim (including any shipping and handling charges in returning the Product to UPTab, as well as any applicable customs, duties or taxes in relation to the claim). If the Product is validly returned under the terms of this Limited Warranty, UPTab will be responsible for postage expenses for shipping the Product back to you (but not any customs charges, duties, or taxes). You are responsible for ensuring that the Product is properly packaged and will bear the full risk of loss or damage for any Product that is returned improperly packaged. Risk of loss or damage in the returned Product only passes to UPTab when the Product is received by UPTab and UPTab shall not be responsible for items lost in transit to us. In the event that the procedure herein is not followed, UPTab reserves the right to accept the delivery of the Product on such terms that it may determine at its sole discretion.
Returns Not Covered by this Limited Warranty. If UPTab receives a Product from you that does not meet the requirements of this Limited Warranty, including (but not limited to) a Product that (a) lacks a valid RMA Number, (b) is not accompanied by a valid Proof of Purchase, (c) is no longer covered under the Warranty Period, or (d) does not have a defect covered by this Limited Warranty, you may be responsible for an assessment fee, return shipping and handling fees, and other reasonable fees as may be required by UPTab prior to the Product being returned to you.
Translation. This Limited Warranty may be translated into any other language. However, in the event of any inconsistency between the English language version and any translated versions, this English version will at all times prevail and take precedence.
General. This Limited Warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Product and is non-transferable. This Limited Warranty is only valid in the country where originally purchased. If the Product was shipped internationally by an authorized reseller, the country of original purchase is the shipping point of the reseller. This Limited Warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of the country in which the original Product purchase took place. No UPTab reseller, agent, distributor, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this Limited Warranty. If any term of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.